Will Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow?
I love the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. It’s a classic comedy our family has watched many times.
9 Lessons Church Planters Learn from Punxsutawney Phil (Some worth forgetting…)
1. Small entrances can draw large crowds.
2. Getting out into the sunshine is a great way to meet people.
3. Public gatherings of people are great opportunities for celebration, food, speeches, skits and entertainment.
4. People will tolerate blizzard-like snow conditions to look at an overweight groundhog. (What?)
5. Traditions truly bond people together.
6. Many people won’t believe in you either.
7. People won’t hesitate to blame you for their problems (like the weather).
8. Extrapolating the next six weeks of anything based on 1 day is ridiculous.
9. People in the community love to anticipate your grand arrival…as long as they know you’re coming!
Let’s face it – there’s not a whole lot that church planters can learn from Punxsutawney Phil.