Good leaders are always learning.
Are you committed to lifelong learning!?
Lifelong learning is the “ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated” pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifelong_learning)
7 Habits for Lifelong Learning
Here are some of my habits as I pursue personal and professional growth.
2. SOAP Journaling. I read from the Bible and reflect on what it means and how it applies to my life.
3. ABC Time. I set aside time weekly to evaluate what I’ve been learning and then determining key activities in the week ahead.
4. Blogging. Throughout 2012, I’ve been blogging every day. This has been a great way to articulate what I’ve been learning, as well as sharing these posts with others.
5. Peer Relationships. I need other godly men in my life to help me grow. No one matures alone. I need them; they need me.
6. Personal Coaching. I’ve benefited from coaches in my life who have come alongside me to help me focus intentionally on attaining my goals and living out God’s calling for my life.
7. Mentors. My dad was a great mentor in my life. After he died in 1982, I’ve been blessed to have many godly men pour into my life. I also learn and grow as I mentor other developing leaders.
What habits will you develop to help you grow as a leader.
Good leaders are always learning!