[featured_image]I launched my blog five years ago on June 1, 2006! My first post was on Finishing Well – and included 6 excellent characteristics of those who finished well in Scripture (identified by Dr. Robert Clinton).
Since then, I’ve written nearly 500 posts! Hard to believe that I’ve had that much to say. I haven’t changed the template for my blog much at all during these past five years — mostly I’ve just added more stuff to fill up the side columns and clutter up the page. So – today I’ve worked to simplify. I’ve removed one of the side columns and some of the widgets. My hope is that it will be easier to read and have less clutter. Also, it should load a little faster. Feel free to comment and let me know what you think. As I’ve reflected today on this blog, I feel that I am somewhat attached to it – which is a little surprising. It’s been a good project to work on and I hope it’s been an encouragement to those who have taken time to read it. Since starting this blog I’ve been blessed to…
- Post on a variety of themes and topics – but mostly on Missional Christianity, Church Planting, Coaching and Developing Leaders, and Disciplemaking.
- Complete my doctoral dissertation at Bakke Graduate University on Missional Transformation: Fueling Missionary Movements that Transform America.
- Develop and deliver a 3-day training for church planters and church planting teams that focuses on starting churches by making disciples.
- Invest nearly 750 hours in coaching conversations with church planters and pastors.
- Help several dozen churches get launched across the US – in California, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, New York, New Jersey, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, and several more states.
- Train leaders in India, France, and Turkey – and heading to Brazil later this year.
- Write a book called Six-Word Lessons to Discover Missional Living (published last August) which is available on amazon.com.
- Create a 31-Day Process to discover what missional living is all about: Take the Missional Challenge.
In most posts over the past year I’ve tried to include a personal challenge toward missional living and some related posts to read – so today shouldn’t be any different.
Reflect on the past five years of your life. Ask yourself: How have I engaged in the mission of Jesus?
Here are some of my favorite posts over the past year. Enjoy!