[featured_image]I put together this quiz for students at Adelphia Bible School at the end of a class I taught on the mission of the Church. If you’ve been reading our Missional Challenge blog, you will probably ace this. Give it a try!
1. Finish the Quote: “It is not the church of God that has a mission in the world, but
a. the God of mission who has a church in the world.”
b. the mission of God is the church in the world.”
c. the God of mission is establishing His church in the world.”
d. the church of God is the mission of God in the world.”
2. True or False: Jesus’ mission was only to save the world.
3. The Men of Issachar
a. Were killed in the battle of Ai.
b. Were 2 of 12 spies that entered the Promised Land.
c. Understood the times and knew what Israel should do.
d. Discovered the Temple of Doom.
e. Listened to Paul teach on Mars Hill.
4. True or False: The longer a church is established, the more the members are disconnected from the community and relationships with non-Christians.
5. Which of the following is not necessary when Incarnating the Gospel:
6. Your oikos is
a. Your family, friends, neighbors and associates.
b. Your facebook network.
c. Your immediate family.
d. Your extended family and closest neighbors.
7. Who is not a biblical example of reaching an oikos?
d. Philippian Jailer
8. True or False: Disciplemaking starts with non-disciples, not Christians.
9. If you can’t reproduce disciples, you’ll never reproduce ______________.
b. Small Groups
10. Which of the following was not one of the 7 Main Commands of Christ?
a. Repent and Believe
c. Celebrate the Lord’s Supper
e. Go to Church
f. Make Disciples
11. The most important thing to teach a new disciple is ________________.
a. To go to church.
b. To read the Bible.
c. To pray.
d. To obey Christ’s commands.
e. To tithe.
f. To witness.
12. A Person of Peace has
b. Relational Influence
d. All of the above
e. None of the above
13. True or False: The Bible teaches that only pastors and elders should baptize.
14. Neglecting the Culture will result in
a. Consumer Christianity
d. A Missionless Church
15. Neglecting the Cross will result in
a. Dead Religion
16. Neglecting Community will result in
b. A “Country Club” Church
c. A Churchless Mission
17. What three simple skills should every Christian practice?
18. What does S.O.A.P. stand for?
S = ___________________
O = ___________________
A = ___________________
P = ___________________