It’s 31 minutes long – but worth watching. It gives a great perspective on how the gospel is spreading through storytelling in India.
Man of Peace | The Storytellers of Odisha from Man Of Peace on Vimeo.
Here are a few of the principles that you may want to think about:
- Keeping the message in the church doesn’t connect with people where they live.
- When you tell people the story of Jesus, they will tell the story to others.
- After sharing a Bible story, ask people to retell the story you just told them.
- Ask people to reflect on what they learned from the story you told them.
- Stories are powerful because they are easily reproducible (contagious).
- Stories don’t convert people, they are the medium that delivers the gospel.
- Adapting cultural ways helps the spread of the gospel.
- Jesus told stories in the common language (heart language) of people.
- Jesus came not to introduce religion, but to restore relationship with God.
- You have to start with praying for people.
- Learn and adapt to the ways of the people you are reaching.
- Find a Person of Peace.
Check out Man of Peace.
Consider how telling stories about Jesus might impact those in your circles of influence. Which stories would you tell first?