[featured_image]In The Missional Journey by Bog Logan, I had the privilege of contributing my “commentary” as well as compiling Journey Guides at the end of each chapter to help groups of believers take further steps to live out the principles in the book.
If you want to take significant action toward engaging culture, the Journey Guide will help you accomplish this.
Here are a few highlights and questions from the journey guide that I believe have great value for you and your small group, missional community, launch team, church plant, etc.
Engaging culture checklist:
- serving the least and the lost
- building redemptive relationships
- praying with and for others
- discerning spiritual openness
- sharing the gospel
Discussion questions for you and your team:
- What are you already doing?
- What’s going well?
- What do you hear God saying to you?
- What reflections do you have about this chapter?
Guided prayer (ask God these questions):
- How can we engage the culture around us?
- Who would you have us reach?
- How can we serve as Jesus served?
- What needs to change in us?
- How are you serving the least and the lost?
- How are you building redemptive relationships?
- How are you praying with and for others?
- How are you discerning spiritual openness?
- How are you sharing the gospel?
That’s a quick “taste” of the Journey Guide. It also includes practical action points and follow-up questions for your team to help you get ready, get going, stay with it, and keep growing.Reggie McNeal notes, “The Missional Journey serves as a great guide book for everyone willing to live the missional adventure.”
Ed Stetzer writes, “Whether you’re planting a new church, re-orienting an established church, or guiding a movement, The Missional Journey is not just a book to read–it’s a book to work through and process with your team.”
Bob Roberts adds, “What I love about The Missional Journey is that it’s not just a book, but something that you work through with other people.”
You can download a free chapter of The Missional Journey here.You can also purchase paperback copies here or kindle copies here or iBooks copies here.
Take a group of friends through the Journey Guides at the end of each chapter in The Missional Journey book.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”