Take the Missional Challenge is a 31 Day experience designed to help align believers with Jesus’ mission. Each day’s post includes missional concepts and activities. For more information – click here.
Your values reflect your unique beliefs, core convictions, and guiding principles. They guide your attitudes and behaviors.
Values are confirmed by your actions, not just your words. Values help us determine what to do and what not to do. They’re deep-seated pervasive standards that influence every aspect of our lives: our moral judgments, our responses to others, our commitments to personal and organizational goals. Values set the parameters for the hundreds of decisions we make every day. (Kouzes & Posner, The Leadership Challenge)
There is a difference between preferred values and practiced values.
- Preferred Values may be important to you, but they aren’t necessarily seen in your behaviors.
- Practiced Values are obvious because they are demonstrated by behaviors.
Read post on What do you value?
DAY 14 ACTION STEP: Clarify Your Values
(Adapted from post: Clarify Your Values)
- Identify 7-10 words in the wordle above that reflect your values (or choose your own). (http://wordle.net/)
- Prayerfully list 4-7 core values and define each one.
- Identify 2-3 behavioral indicators for each of your core values.
- Include a key verse or passage for each of your core values.
- Share your list with another believer and seek feedback
- Ask God to help you live out your core values this week.
- Consider how each of your core values impacts…
- how you spend your time
- how you deal with crisis
- how you budget
- what you reward
Day 14 Missional Challenge: Your values influence your missional activity. Determine to demonstrate missional values in your behaviors.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”