This is a great link…
Here are a few more thoughts I’ve been pondering…
- Open your church campus to be used by groups in your community for free!
- If you are planning to expand your campus, think of ways that those in the community could use it, too.
- Rather than starting new ministries on your campus to reach the community, send your people out to join existing community activities (e.g., moms club, scrapbooking, basketball league, etc.)
- Advertise community volunteer opportunities to your church family and actively recruit volunteers to serve outside the church.
- Instead of sponsoring a Community Thanksgiving Dinner, encourage every family in your church to invite someone outside the church to share their Thanksgiving meal.
“People within the church are best served when they are engaged in service outside the church.” (The Externally Focused Church, p. 151)