I turned 45 years old on Monday (March 8, 2010) and with it came the discovery that I am starting the second half of my life. My dad died at 50 and my sister died at 37, so I realize that I have no guarantee that I will live another forty-five years. However, if God would allow me to live to be 90, here are some of the things that I’d like to be working on during the next decades:
- Keeping an uncluttered living space.
- Maintaining a simple fitness plan and weight in the 160s.
- Living at a slower pace (working, eating, driving, etc).
- Keeping my marriage alive and meaningful.
- Following Jesus, helping others to follow Jesus, and helping them help others to follow Jesus.
- Staying connected with our parents and extended family.
- Expressing gratitude and generously giving to others.
- Aligning my life and all its activities with the redemptive mission of Jesus.
- Taking small steps (weekly, incremental) to achieve my goals.
- Enjoying the things I love to do: family, running, reading, writing, traveling, gardening, simplifying, roasting coffee and wine tasting.
- Worshiping God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength.
- Assessing, training, discipling and coaching leaders.
So – what will you do with the rest of your days?