Toms Shoes – We are asking people to go the day, part of the day or even just a few minutes, barefoot, to experience a life without shoes firsthand, and to help spread awareness of the impact a simple pair of shoes can bring to a child’s life.
Communities, campuses, organizations, and individuals are banding together to walk barefoot for One Day Without Shoes. Join us and participate, click here.
Recently, I’ve been inspired by Toms Shoes. This Thursday, why not raise awareness by joining in and walking barefoot for one day. Did you know…
- In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.
So – my daughter and I are going barefoot on Thursday.
We invite you to join us.
Will you join us?